Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center

Business and Legal Resources

Government agencies often provide a wealth of information for small business owners. That’s true of the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center, which is published by the IRS. According to the website, it serves taxpayers who file Form 1040, Schedules C, E, F or Form 2106, as well as small businesses with assets under $10 million — in other words just about all small business owners.

SB/SE contains a collection of tax forms and publications that are relevant to small businesses, but it has much more. For example, the Starting, Operating, or Closing a Business page contains links and information about starting and operating a business, and the Closing a Business page has resources for helping a small business owner close a business — a common occurrence that doesn’t seem to get a lot of press. If you click on the “Operating a Business” link on the page, you’ll find information about such topics as independent contractors, tax recordkeeping, changing your business name, and paying estimated taxes.

Check out the SB/SE page, click on a few links, and explore the wealth of information that’s available.

[This article was first published at on March 6, 2014 and is being republished here without updating.]

0 comments… add one

Leave a Reply